The Battleship Texas Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non profit organization, seeks your assistance in our efforts to restore, enhance and educate the public as to the historical significance of the last of the Dreadnought class ships, the battleship USS TEXAS.
908 Town and Country Blvd, Suite 120
Houston, TX 77024-2208
1) the Foundation is supporting the efforts of Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to enhance the site surrounding the Texas. Those enhancements include an On-Shore Interpretive Center and Dry Berthing designed to prevent the constant corrosion to the ships hull and significantly reduce long-term costs for maintenance and corrosion repair.
2) the Foundation continually supports the restoration efforts of Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and The First Texas Volunteers. Recent restoration projects have included:
- The Marine Quarters
- The Pilot House
- The Chart Room
- The General Store Keepers office
- Several Casemates
- Officer's Pantry forward
- Forward Officer's Country
- # 3 Boiler Room
- And Much More...
3) the Foundation conducts an Overnight Program in which organized groups may spend the evening aboard the TEXAS. Trained volunteers and staff conduct an entertaining and educational event enjoyed by all.
4) the Foundation conducts on going educational and promotional efforts to increase the awareness of the value of the historic TEXAS. This website is just one of those examples.
Your donation is deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the I.R.S. tax code and is greatly appreciated by the Foundation.
We are proud of the TEXAS and invite you to visit her. Your support, as well as that of others, allows for the continual restoration and enhancements so vital to making the TEXAS one of the premiere Naval Museums in the country.
Thank you for supporting the Battleship Texas and the Battleship Texas Foundation.